What a start to a week! I’d like to thank everyone who attended the 10th annual Symposium New York 2012!
Over the last few days Rakuten LinkShare has been busy hosting our biggest event of the year, Symposium New York. Symposium concluded this morning with a 4-mile Fun Run through Central Park where attendees had one last chance to network with one another!
During Symposium New York Rakuten LinkShare announced the results of a study it commissioned through Forrester Research on the direct and indirect value of affiliate marketing. The results were delivered during the keynote speech by Andy Hoar, Senior Analyst at Forrester Research. A printed copy was available to the attendees and can be downloaded here.
Over the last three days attendees were able to mix and mingle, giving Publishers and Advertisers the opportunity to meet face to face!
Did you miss Symposium New York? Here’s a recap of the fun:
Rakuten LinkShare University – We hosted our first ever Rakuten LinkShare University for Publishers! Eager attendees, both Publisher and Advertisers, enjoyed a full day of lectures on industry trends, optimization, growth and management tips to create successful Affiliate Marketing programs.
- One on One Meetings – Publishers and Advertisers had the opportunity to utilize huddle rooms for meetings that were set up through Pathable prior to the event!
- Executive Remarks – Hiroshi Mikitani, CEO and Founder of Rakuten, our parent company, addressed the attendees Tuesday morning – Rakuten LinkShare’s CEO, Yaz Ida, followed Mikitani’s speech to kick-off the event!
- Golden Link Awards – Comedian and social media genius, Michael Ian Black, hosted our coveted Golden Link Awards Luncheon! See the winners here.
- Break Out Sessions – Attendees could choose between two different sessions, one on venture capital and e-commerce the other on the need to fix data feeds.
- DealMaker – Over 50 companies sponsored DealMaker Tables! Attendees networked through three rooms of Publisher and Advertiser tables.
- Parties (Last but not least!) – Monday night kicked off with a Pre-Party at Inside Park at St. Bart’s and Tuesday night ended with a panoramic view of Manhattan at The Sky Room!
Here are photos we took for Twitter during the event. Stay tuned for pictures from the photographer next week!
See you next time!