This holiday season there will be a lot of eyes around metrics related to mobile commerce and especially “T-Commerce” or Tablet Commerce. Early data has shown that consumers are more willing to purchase products from their tablet than their smartphone. This isn’t surprising as the iPad and other tablets offer a user experience that is well suited for shopping and with a bigger screen they provide retailers with an opportunity to get back to merchandising.
Affiliate Marketers will no doubt be watching these trends as they make investment decisions related to mobile and tablet. There’s an article out today on Adweek about a study by Jumptap and comScore about what consumers are buying today from their mobile devices. Here’s a link to the press release on the study and check out this cool infographic they created too.
The top ten product categories for mobile purchases according to the study:
1. Event tickets and daily deals >> this was a tie 38 percent of mobile device owners saying they’ve made such a purchase from these categories
3. Apparel or accessories >> 36 percent made such a purchase
4. Travel; physical copies of books, video games or movies >> this was a tie 33 percent of mobile device owners saying they’ve made such a purchase from these categories
6. Consumer electronics (TVs, etc., but excluding mobile phones) >> 32 percent
7. Flowers and gifts; toys >> tied at 30 percent (tie)
9. General services (photo printing, shipping services, etc.) >> 26 percent
10. Consumer packaged goods; sports and fitness >> tied at 25 percent
How is mobile commerce changing your Affiliate Marketing channel and your plans for 2012 and beyond?
Vice President of Marketing