This morning I checked my news feed from AllFacebook.com (great resource by the way) and came across an article they wrote on Facebook Advertising. The title was Facebook Ad Revenue to Surpass $1.2 Billion This Year. Below are some highlights from the blog post.
• A report from eMarketer suggests that individuals will spend somewhere in the neighborhood of $1.2 billion on Facebook Advertising.
• Facebook will receive half of the total ad spend within all social networks within the United States
• Despite the recession, Facebook still managed to be stable during this period of time, which is why they are still acquiring companies like Chai Labs.
• Facebook ad spend will only increase more in 2011 with a forecast ad spend of $2.09 billion
Are you utilizing Facebook’s Advertising platform to increase revenue and traffic to your site and an increase in fans to your Facebook Business page? Do you even have a Facebook page? If so, is it set up correctly?
The reason I ask is that Facebook as well as other social media networks are a great way to increase brand awareness and provide an additional way to increase conversions to your site. Some other benefits of Facebook Advertising are:
• Targeted Ads to your demographic
• Increase fans to your Facebook Page
• Increase traffic to your site
• Probably the BEST way to drive traffic to your Facebook Page
If you want to learn more about Facebook Marketing & Advertising, sign up for our webinar. I will host this Facebook Advertising webinar on Wednesday, September 15th at 1:00pm EST, titled: “Facebook Ads: Social Engine Marketing”. You will learn 5 tips and tricks to get the best conversion out of your Facebook advertising campaigns. To find out more information on what LinkShare offers as far as Social Media Marketing, please visit our site which has information on:
-by Victoria Edwards, Search Engine Optimization and Social Media Specialist