The organic search training session yesterday began with a great Texas-style breakfast with biscuits & gravy.Yum!
Here are some quick highlights for our near-live-blogging. You can follow the chatter from the Twitterati on #PubCon.
Carolyn Shelby did a nice job with the introduction to the SEO session.
- Use Bing Webmaster tools to discover outbound links from your site that may be malicious, viruses, untrusted sites.
- Experts–blog about what you do every day, like landscape jobs with images and locations for geocentric keywords and content.
- Make sure your biz is listed in Google’s local search listings. Online biz –get physical address, not P.O. box. http://kl.am/ay4w
Michael Gray “Graywolf”:
- Top 3 tactics for a small biz SEO – local search, link building, quality content that’s more than a brochure
- Allow search engines to crawl your site’s contact, about and other pages so that content can help rankings and trust.
- Use “living URLs” concept for content that repeats regularly. Consolidate your annual lists, holiday pages, seasonal info.
-by Sally Anne Dishong, SEO + Social Media Content Editor